Department of Personnel & Civil Service Commission/ Attention: Applications Section
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, through
Fax Number: 412-255-4736
Application Questions: 412-255-2712
Civil Service Commission: 412-255-2705
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
I. General Application Requirements:
You must submit or show proof of all of the following at the time of filing your application (unless otherwise indicated below) or your application will be disqualified. Disqualifications based on any of these General Application Requirements are not subject to a Civil Service appeal.
· A completed online City of Pittsburgh Employment Application, including your online Employment Profile Data. (Education and Work Experience).
· A resume, to be submitted online.
· Applicants are required to be City of Pittsburgh residents at the time of submitting the application and remain a resident at all times, up to and including throughout employment with the City of Pittsburgh. Your City of Pittsburgh residency will be verified.
· Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older.
· Pennsylvania Act 153 Clearance is required prior to appointment.
· A current, valid Class C Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Operator's License at the time of filing application or prior to appointment, which must be maintained throughout employment. Written requests for a special accommodation on the basis of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act will be considered by the Department of Personnel and Civil Service Commission on an individual basis.
NOTE: The City of Pittsburgh, as a matter of policy, conducts pre-employment and promotional background investigations on all candidates being considered for positions. The background investigation includes but is not limited to criminal background, driver’s license and City of Pittsburgh real estate tax payments. Candidates may be disqualified from consideration from employment based on the results of their background investigation (as it relates to the job for which the applicant is being considered).
II. Qualifying Requirements:
Your City of Pittsburgh application will be reviewed and your work experience and education/training will be
evaluated to determine if you meet the qualifying eligibility requirements listed below for this position. You will
be sent an eligibility letter regarding your eligible/ineligible status.
· WORK EXPERIENCE: The application must clearly show one (1) year of experience working with children in camp or daycare settings.
· EDUCATION/TRAINING: Art and education experience preferred.
· EQUIVALENCY: None permitted.
III. Civil Service Examination(s):
If you meet the qualifying requirements listed above, you will be sent a letter of admission (when applicable) for the following examination(s). You must pass the written and/or performance examination(s) in order to have your name placed on the official Civil Service eligibility list for this position. Candidates who receive job offers must pass a medical examination (when applicable) prior to start date.
· Written: None required for this position.
· Performance: None required for this position.
· Medical: Required
Department: Parks and Recreation
Salary: $8.68 per hour
Union: None, this is a non-union position.
Union Bid Form: None required.
Civil Service Classification: Exempt
· Enjoy working with children in an outdoor “Arts in the Park” setting on a daily basis.
· Work with multi media art projects and participate in creating lesson plans.
· Prepare daily Roving Art Cart materials and maintain art supply inventory.
· Understand the Roving Art Cart summer schedule and projects.
· Ability to communicate Roving Art Cart information effectively to parents and community groups throughout the City of Pittsburgh.
· Understand daily group attendance at Roving Art Cart sites and collect field data.
· Responsible for the movement and daily set up and break down of tents, tables and art supplies.
· Interact with the public in a courteous and polite manner.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
· Arrive to work on time for each assigned shift.
· Lift at least 50 pounds.
· Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Constantly 0-20 pounds
· Frequently 21-40 pounds.
· Occasionally 41-60 pounds, 61 and above.
Physical Demands – Job Requirements:
· Constantly speaking clearly.
· Frequently bending(stooping), carrying, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing stairs, squatting(crouching), repetitive leg/arm movement , foot or hand control movement, finger movement-fine dexterity, finger movement-coordination, finger movement-gross movement, hearing-conversation, seeing-near, seeing-far.
· Occasionally reaching.
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: A/072/16