Police Department Banner City DepartmentsMapsSearch Jobs City CouncilContact InformationHome Mayor's Office
School Crossing Guards (412-665-3775)
Green Bar

Residents can request placement of a school crossing guard at a neighborhood intersection. A written request should be addressed to the Chief of Police, 1203 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233. A copy of the letter should also be forwarded to the City Budget Director, 518 City-County Building, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.

The request will be forwarded to the School Crossing Guard Program to conduct an audit of the intersection to determine the need for a crossing guard. The auditor considers traffic flow, safety of the children, and whether children are walking to school or a bus stop.

The auditor's recommendation is forwarded to the Chief of Police for approval or denial. If the Chief of Police approves the recommendation, the request is forwarded to the Budget Office who makes the final determination regarding additional guards.

For more information about the School Crossing Guard Program or to report a compliment or complaint about your school crossing guard, call 412-665-3775.

Pittsburgh Home
| City Departments | Policies | Contact Us


Police Bureau Home
Welcome From Chief
Police Bureau Branches
Most Wanted
Special Programs
Canine Division
Police Memorial
Citizen's Police Academy
History of the Badge
Send Feedback

Police Bureau
1203 Western Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Phone: 412-323-7800