> EditRegionA

header logo

Help Me Find a Service

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's Response Line - Call 311 for non-emergency questions, comments and concerns about the City of Pittsburgh.

Downtown Buildings | City Map | Map Listings | Police Zones | Fire Zones
City Departments | Services Index (FAQ) | Subject Index | E-Services | Permits

Top Service Request Areas

  • Dial 9-1-1 for all police, fire or medical emergencies.
  • To file a police report and for all non-emergencies dial 9-1-1. The 9-1-1 Dispatcher will route all non-emergency calls as appropriate.
  • To reach the Office of the Chief, Investigations, Administration or the Operations Branches of the Bureau, please dial Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Headquarters at 412-323-7800.
  • Garbage or Recycling - To report a missed pick-up, call 412-255-2773.
  • Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
    • For water main break, running water or other service problem, call 412-255-2409.
    • For problem with catch basins, sinkholes, manholes or water boxes, call 412-255-2429.
    • For a billing problem or to reach customer service, call 412-255-8935 or 412-255-2423.
    • PWSA E-mail Requests
  • Parking, Tow Pound, Vehicle Issues:
  • Department of Public Works  - handles problems with streets, steps or park facilities, as well as permits for ballparks or park shelters, and animal control problems.
    • For a loose dog, a dead animal or other animal control problem, call 412-255-2036 or 255-2325.
    • For pothole, icy street, or other problem with a City street, call 412-255-2720 or 412-255-2790.
    • For a problem with playgrounds, fields or courts or other problem with a City park facility, call
      412-255-2365 or 412-255-2790.
    • To report graffiti on public property, a problem with a street sign or crosswalk painting, traffic signals or other traffic control issues, call 412-255-2872 or 412-255-2823.
    • For a problem with a street light, call 412-255-5483.
    • To obtain a permit for ballfields and park shelters, call 412-255-2370 or 412-255-2518.
    • To report a problem with a tree on a City street or park, call 412-255-2365.
    • For all other problems with City streets, steps or park facilities, call 412-255-2790.
  • Bureau of Building Inspections  - Call BBI for building permits, problems with weeds and debris or other City code enforcement problems:
    • For business licensing information, call 412-255-2858.
    • For building permit inquiries, call 412-255-2181.
    • For electrical or HVAC permits, call 412-255-2160.
    • For building condemnation and demolition, call 412-255-2187.
    • To report overgrown weeds, debris, broken sidewalks or other property code violations, call
    • For all other inquiries, call 412-255-2175.
  • Citiparks - Contact Citiparks for information on City recreational programs and locations and hours of operation for City pools, recreation and senior community centers:
  • Taxes and Finance Department - for questions on:
    • For real estate taxes, call x412-255-2525.
    • For wage and occupation taxes, call 412-255-2510.
    • To request forms for wage or business taxes, call 412-255-8821.
    • For business registration, call 412-255-2543.
    • For City-owned property sales, call 412-255-2300.
    • For dog licenses, call 412-255-2575.
    • For administrative offices, call 412-255-2494.
  • City Employees - Formal complaint regarding the actions of a City employee, call 412-255-2804.
  • City Department Directory

    Top of Page



Pittsburgh Home  |  Departments  |  Policies  |  Contact Us