When You Need A Fire Alarm Permit:
Electricians licensed in the City of Pittsburgh must obtain a permit
before installing or performing maintenance on any fire alarm in
How To Obtain a Fire Alarm Permit:
A fire alarm permit can only be obtained by an electrician licensed
by the City of Pittsburgh. (Electrical contractor's license)
To apply for a fire alarm permit, the applicant must start at the
Engineer's Counter, 200 Ross Street - 3rd Floor,
Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
What To Bring With You:
When applying for a Fire Alarm Permit in person, you must bring
the following materials with you, or your application cannot be
- A check or money order to pay for the permit.
(Cash or credit cards
are not accepted)
- Correct address for the structure
- If this submission is related to a building permit, then attach a copy of the approved building permit to the application.
See the Table of Permit Fees.
It is the responsibility of the permit holder to arrange
for all required inspections by contacting the appropriate
inspector. The inspector's name and phone number may be found in
bold print on the permit. Required inspections include:
- A rough-in inspection before any work is concealed
- A final inspection after all work is complete
- Statement of Compliance
- Pre-Test Forms
Select the link to download a copy of the Fire Alarm Permit Application. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader© to view or print the form.